What have I been upto?
I haven't been very regular with posts here on this blog. So where have I been busy?
Lots of things actually! The teach india classes ensure I have less free time in office and that I spend more time working. My office work has been hectic. The client made me cancel my leave plan and work weekends last month. I have a new manager at work and he and I are ironing out teething troubles and disagreements. So, lots happening at the work front.
This February I decided to take my life seriously and have some fun ;-). So the past 2-3 weeks I have done some interesting things. Here's the recap...
Visit to keoladeo national park aka bharatpur bird sanctuary
The two day trip was awesome!!! I plan to do it again sometime this month or next. (Also, planning a trip to ranthambore sanctuary and to keep my appointment with the king of the jungle). The bird sanctuary boasts of over 375 species of birds. We spotted 51 different kinds of birds in about 5 hours. Spotted a rare bird called as a 'Jungle Nightjar' and a python too. Was an awesome experience.
Ishara Puppet Festival
I watched the opening show of the festival called 'Anokhe Vastra' based on the fairy tale 'The emperor's new clothes'. It was not really a puppet show. This one was with big-sized masks and colourful garbs. The play was well directed, witty and enjoyable.
Surajkund Mela
Phew! I went there for the first time on a Saturday last month and then for the second time the following Sunday. On Sunday, it felt like we were all competing for that small amount of oxygen on that piece of land. But, the crowd aside, the fair was an amazing display of our art and textiles. Surprisingly, it was well managed. The stuff was nice. The paintings from various Indian states exquisite. I liked this one patchitra painting that was around 11K. "Someday", I said to myself.
Dreamtech's Run for your wife
Watched this one last weekend. And for a change, it was a play that we didnt walk out of. It was great. Even though it had double meaning jokes and tongue-in-cheek comedy, it wasn't cheap. Well directed and well enacted. Was an enjoyable play. I'd recommend it.
I've gone to lots of parties, done a lot of socializing these last few weeks. Life's been busy.
Busy is good! :-)
Lots of things actually! The teach india classes ensure I have less free time in office and that I spend more time working. My office work has been hectic. The client made me cancel my leave plan and work weekends last month. I have a new manager at work and he and I are ironing out teething troubles and disagreements. So, lots happening at the work front.
This February I decided to take my life seriously and have some fun ;-). So the past 2-3 weeks I have done some interesting things. Here's the recap...
Visit to keoladeo national park aka bharatpur bird sanctuary
The two day trip was awesome!!! I plan to do it again sometime this month or next. (Also, planning a trip to ranthambore sanctuary and to keep my appointment with the king of the jungle). The bird sanctuary boasts of over 375 species of birds. We spotted 51 different kinds of birds in about 5 hours. Spotted a rare bird called as a 'Jungle Nightjar' and a python too. Was an awesome experience.
Ishara Puppet Festival
I watched the opening show of the festival called 'Anokhe Vastra' based on the fairy tale 'The emperor's new clothes'. It was not really a puppet show. This one was with big-sized masks and colourful garbs. The play was well directed, witty and enjoyable.
Surajkund Mela
Phew! I went there for the first time on a Saturday last month and then for the second time the following Sunday. On Sunday, it felt like we were all competing for that small amount of oxygen on that piece of land. But, the crowd aside, the fair was an amazing display of our art and textiles. Surprisingly, it was well managed. The stuff was nice. The paintings from various Indian states exquisite. I liked this one patchitra painting that was around 11K. "Someday", I said to myself.
Dreamtech's Run for your wife
Watched this one last weekend. And for a change, it was a play that we didnt walk out of. It was great. Even though it had double meaning jokes and tongue-in-cheek comedy, it wasn't cheap. Well directed and well enacted. Was an enjoyable play. I'd recommend it.
I've gone to lots of parties, done a lot of socializing these last few weeks. Life's been busy.
Busy is good! :-)
Comments
always wanted to see one in delhi.. actually wanted to be on stage with the actors... but got only 2 chances and that too in our very own beloved company :P