Kindle rocks!

I have been using my amazing Amazon Kindle 2 for over a month and I have to say I simply love it. Agreed, the screen had it been 9 inches would have been better but the current screen size of 6 inches does not hurt too much either.

I've successfully read a book on that. Its easy to carry around. Copying a book from my laptop to the kindle is amazingly easy and the power backup is awesome. Its very light in weight and I use Amazon's leather cover with it which makes the kindle look like a hard bound book. The cover weighs as much as the kindle - am not sure if that goes in favor of the kindle or against the cover :-)

I recommend this lovely device to one and all -especially people who love reading. Converting from PDF to kindle format (.prc) is easy. I use mobipocket for this. People, buy yourself this amazing device. Agreed, it doesn't have the same smell as a new book but the fact that you can carry multiple books around is a boon. I have a habit of reading two books at a time. Usually, the two books are of different kinds/genres - one's serious and the other fiction, one could be technical (job related stuff) and the other is some novel. Having to carry two books was a pain. I also have too many books at home -given both A and I are fond of reading - and the numbers have become difficult to manage now. The kindle makes everything so much easier. :-)

And for people wondering if the Whipernet works in India. It sure does. :-)
Happy Reading!!!

ps: A had been asking me for quite sometime how come I had not written about the kindle yet...so here goes!!! :-)

Comments

Unknown said…
heard that there is some techie who just moved back from US and is giving out a product like Kindle for 10K approx. The guy is based out fo hyderabad now.